Do you get joy out of teaching kids and adults new things, get things done, and love delivering remarkable experiences to others?
If you love working with little learners, we might be the perfect fit!
We're currently hiring for full-time, center-based positions at our ABA Clinic in Middletown, NY.
BCBA Clinical Supervisor
Location: Middletown, NY
The Behavior Place is a leading provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy dedicated to improving the lives of toddlers and preschoolers with autism. With a commitment to evidence-based practices, individualized treatment plans, and a supportive environment, we strive to create positive and lasting changes for our patients and their families.
Position Overview: Full-Time, Center-Based, BCBA Clinical Supervisor
Are you a passionate and experienced Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) seeking a fulfilling opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of young children with autism? Join The Behavior Place as a BCBA Clinical Supervisor and be part of a dynamic team dedicated to providing high-quality ABA therapy.
- Responsible for compliance with OCFS regulations to ensure the health and safety of children in care
- Ensure program effectiveness
- Responsible for the intake and continuing assessment process
- Plan, manage, coordinate, and evaluate assigned staff efforts to achieve the objectives of each child's treatment plan
- Provide direct services to children and their parents, when appropriate
- Provide parent training
- Implement treatment plans
- Manage data regarding each child's progress
- Provide training and supervision of behavior technicians and those acquiring supervision hours toward their NYS License
- Assume responsibility for technicians recording data daily and reporting patient status
- Prepare biannual reports regarding program effectiveness
- Completion of treatment requests, insurance authorizations, and peer reviews with payors
Why Join The Behavior Place:
1. Commitment to Excellence: At The Behavior Place, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of care. Our team of dedicated professionals works collaboratively to provide evidence-based, individualized treatment plans that make a real difference in the lives of our patients.
2. Supportive Environment: We believe in the power of teamwork and support. As a BCBA Clinical Supervisor, you will be part of a collaborative and encouraging work culture that fosters professional growth and development.
3. Cutting-Edge Programs: The Behavior Place is at the forefront of ABA therapy, implementing the latest research and technology to ensure the most effective and innovative treatment approaches.
4. Professional Development Opportunities: The Behavior Place is dedicated to investing in the growth and development of our team. We offer ongoing training, workshops, and professional development opportunities to keep you at the forefront of your field.
- NYS Licensed Behavior Analyst (LBA).
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification.
- Master's degree in Behavior Analysis or related field.
- Previous experience providing ABA therapy, supervision, and training.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for making a positive impact on the lives of young children with autism.
If you are a dedicated and experienced BCBA looking to join a dynamic and forward-thinking team, apply now and become part of The Behavior Place Team.
$75.00 per hour, this is a W2 employee position
- 401(k) matching
- Paid sick time
- Health, Vision, Dental
How about we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? Our small private practice is located in Middletown, NY. We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!). Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- You won’t get rich at this job. The pay is $20/hour. If your patient is out sick, and there are no other patients to see, you may be sent home early or asked to come in later.
- It’s hard work. Mentally, physically, and emotionally draining. You’ll be constantly on the move, brainstorming and multi-tasking. If you’re looking for a calm, quiet job, then this is no longer the coolest full time pediatric behavior technician job ever, it is now the “suckiest” full time pediatric behavior technician job ever.
- This is a 5 day per week, in-person job (sorry, but this is not a virtual role).
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly with our founder, and our licensed behavior analysts and helping them teach new skills to our patients.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the play that you teach through (assuming the kids are on board)!
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of teaching kids new things, and getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
- You will use an iPad a lot. So, an understanding of email, Google Workspace, and other computer based stuff will be necessary.
- You will be interacting with very young children (2-5 year olds) all day every day. Some of them will be nonverbal. So, you need to really really enjoy interacting with very young children, one-on-one, for long periods of time.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- You need to nail down the details. Review the treatment plans and programs. Ask questions. We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
- We want you to be meticulous in your work. We want the data collected to be accurate, and the learning opportunities identified (or created) and jumped on with enthusiasm!
- If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for the life of the party…in fact, quite the opposite. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets stuff done, but can also match the energy needed for each patient. And also don't take yourself too seriously, because being silly is a prerequisite for the job.
In short, your job is to help the center and your supervisors in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism, reliability and punctuality.
But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick yell down the hallway anyone else on our team.
To learn more about us, check out behaviorplace.com.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
This is a full time, pediatric behavior technician job. The pay is $20 an hour and the hours will be up to 38.5 hours per week. You must come into our Middletown, NY office 5 days a week, Monday-Friday (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my type of peeps” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
We can’t wait to meet you!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid sick time
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person